Sunday, July 10, 2011

Peter Pan Pains

Peter Pan never had growing pains. He skipped the growing up stage altogether, didn't he? I, on the other hand, am going to start my first year of college this fall...it's pretty scary o.o Leaving home, seeking independence, and acting with responsibility are all things that I desperately wanted when they seemed far off. Now that I am half a summer away from gaining all of these things, I desperately want to remain a kid for a little longer. But that's not going to happen. Time will speed by, and I, like thousands of other kids out there, will have to move on and even grow up.

So yesterday I posted my first day buying college materials (actual dorm necessities, not just clothes lol). Today is the second day of college shopping, or as I like to call it "Wendy vs. Peter Round 2."


To honor the theme, I wore a Peter Pan collar top! I love this shirt <3 I guess on the shallow side "Wendy vs. Peter" could also be called "I Love That Marc Jacobs and Miu Miu Brought Back Cool Collars."


Left is Marc Jacobs Fall 2011 RTW, Right is Miu Miu Fall 2011 RTW, Both are fabulous

But since we can't all afford Marc Jacobs and Miu Miu designs (just wait until I'm older and successful...did I say older? so there are perks to growing up...), here are some beautiful and affordable shirts with cute collars (click on the captions to buy!):

*ASOS Peter Pan Collar Pintuck Blouse
*Coral Triple Peter Pan Collar Top

Sometimes the best outfits are the ones you throw on in seconds. I'm not saying that I think I look like a supermodel in this (lol cutoffs and a shirt ^ ^), but what I am saying is that I felt like these clothes really suit me, and they make me feel comfortably content.

You can't see the collar yet...wait for it :D
Like my bag? Like my collar? Nooo, you can't see it yet! lol I am just playing ^_^
YAY Peter Pan collar at last! I actually didn't mean to tease you guys with the collarless pictures, but my hair got in the way of a lot of shots -_- I'm sorry!!
I didn't buy that much...I like to take my time, so I can find items I actually love!
Buying stuff for college is so exciting! And it gives you a major reality check o.o

Growing up is hard/scary/unbelievable/fast-paced/amazing/natural, but we all know who will win in "Wendy vs. Peter." Honestly, it's a girl vs. a boy, so what else could happen?


Clothes note: shirt is Urban Outfitters, shorts are Banana Republic cutoffs, belt is Kaitlyn., bag is Fossil, booties are Aldo, sunglasses are Versace

1 comment:

  1. I know that anxious feeling of starting college soon and all the sudden yearning to be a kid again. I'm a senior in college and I still have the feeling especially since most people consider me as an adult now. haha kind of scary. But I'm excited for you and living on your own should be lots of fun!

    Oh and I'm hosting a jewelry giveaway on my blog and I would love it if you entered!

    ReplyDelete